Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Vatican - A Photographer's Paradise

Since I have been fortunate enough to have visited Rome numerous times, I thought I would start there. It is one of my favorite cities.

The Vatican is a photographer's paradise, I could never get tired of shooting that beautiful building.

The first time I was there, Dale (my brother) was with me. We were inexperienced travelers and were not dressed appropriately to be let inside (we had shorts on so our knees were not covered). We were sick! Just sick.

How can you travel that far and not be allowed in?! At least it was both of us that were not allowed in so one wasn't holding the other one back.

I wasn't really a photographer at that time, but the next time we were both there, I was. The Vatican was so crowded that day and I was trying to juggle my camera and not get lost from the tour guide. It was nearly impossible. Finally Dale said, don't worry, I will keep an eye on you and not let you get lost, take your pictures.

The inside of the Vatican is so amazing. I never had enough time but even if I had more time it still would have been hard to leave.

The glorious high ceilings, the magnificent altar, the works of Bernini and the dome by Michelangelo, you just drink it all in.

We were not allowed to take pictures in the Sistine Chapel but I would have liked to. Since we were in some place "holy" and God was watching, I did not even try to sneak one!


No comments:

Post a Comment