Sunday, April 18, 2010

Barcelona - La Sagrada Familia

La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona was the project to which Antoni Gaudi dedicated the last 43 years of his life.  His sole objective was to make La Sagrada Familia the perfect temple.

I had one day to spend in Barcelona and I specifically wanted to see La Sagrada Familia.  I had been on a cruise and made a detour on the way home to spend one night in Barcelona.  I had one day to see as much as I could.  I was having camera problems and had to rely on my point-and-shoot with it's limited battery.




The detail on this building is absolutely amazing.  I could have stayed there all day and photographed this beautiful place, it was stunning.
 The inside of this building is also stunning.  This is the view looking up - the vaults in the ceiling and the amazing stained glass. 
I was fortunate enough to have gotten an upgrade on my hotel room on my one night in this amazing city.  Unfortunately, I was by myself - because that room was more like an apartment - and included a wonderful bottle of champagne.  But I had a wonderful time on my one day in Barcelona despite my camera problems and limited time.  I plan to go back whenever I can.

1 comment:

  1. I love Barcelona. There is nothing else like Guell Park.

    ReplyDelete