Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ephesus - by day, by night

My visit to Ephesus, Turkey in 2008 was truly remarkable.  This was one of those special occasions when I felt so proud to be a part of what we offered to our guests. 

By day, the ruins of Ephesus were full of history and fascination.  The Temple of Artemis is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and I was proud to see it.  I'd like to see all of them someday.


We reached Ephesus by sailing into Kusadasi, Which was interesting as well.  I visited the Grand Bazaar and did a little shopping.  I also saw a carpet-weaving demonstration and sipped some apple tea. 


As interesting as the ruins of Ephesus were during the day, the return visit that evening was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.  That evening, we were treated to a private performance of a local orchestra right in the Library of Celsus.  Lit up at night, it was simply spectacular. 


I was glad I had seen it during the day as it was completely transformed in the evening.  The ambiance of this amazing setting, the exclusive performance, the quiet balmy evening itself, all made for a memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment