Sunday, April 18, 2010

Barcelona - Park Guell

Park Guell in Barcelona is an amazing place.  I had one day to spend in Barcelona and something had happened to my Canon Rebel so I only had my point-and-shoot camera.  I knew I had limited time and limited battery.  I did what I could!

Park Guell was designed by Antoni Gaudi and all the mosaic is so hard to describe unless you have actually been there to see it.  The two buildings (above) on either side of the entrance bear a striking resemblance to the houses from the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel.  I was dying for my other camera and a good zoom lens, these buildings were so fun to photograph. 

I wish I could have spent more time in the park, but my battery ended things for me.  I also had to get back to the hop on hop off bus to get back on the route that picked me up and dropped me off in front of my hotel.  One day is not enough in Barcelona.


In the park "marketplace" there are 86 columns, with mosaic rosettes of suns and moons in the ceiling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment