Sunday, April 4, 2010

Athens - by day, by night

Well, since I was thinking about Ephesus by day and by night, I had to think of Athens too.


I ended my trip with an overnight in Athens.  I spent the day walking around the grounds at the Parthenon.  It was so hot, I had trouble keeping hydrated and cool, and was near passing out.  But I was determined to see the Parthenon on my one day in Athens! 


I remember being scared because I was by myself and would get dizzy, and I thought "if I pass out no one in the world will know what happened to me".  That thought drove me to find shade and try my best to remain conscious.  But it was all worth it.



I met up with a friend that evening, we were both staying at the Athens InterContinental Hotel.  The special highlight - a restaurant on the rooftop of the hotel with a spectacular view of the Parthenon, lit up at night.  We had a glass of wine, talked about our day, and enjoyed the amazing view.  Truly a special evening.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best times I ever had was a night in Athens.

    ReplyDelete